9.01.2010

All Gone - a tribute to The Servant



I made this one yesterday.. I've had the idea floating around in my head for the longest time, and finally got around to it last night. This one is more of a tribute to the entire film, so it's not concentrating on Dirk Bogarde as much as my other videos have. Sarah Miles & James Fox take up a sizable chunk of space here. You might notice Wendy Craig is virtually absent, though, but that's just because I didn't like her character.. I'm being ornery :)

I might do another one in the future that's a tribute to Dirk's performance in the film, like I did with Modesty Blaise... but that is another video for another day..

3 comments:

Michael O'Sullivan said...

Thats terrific - I love it, its made me want to watch the film again (and I have seen it several times over the years) and also Cleo Laine's song.

The Modesty Blaise one was terrific too.

I have put some new Bogarde photos on my blog, you may not have seen them, including the one taken the day I met him in 1970, and a rare one with Lee Remick in the BBC film The Vision in 1987, and at the premiere of Darling with Julie Christie and Monica Vitti.

Terence Towles Canote said...

This is just too cool!

Young at Heart said...

oh my this is one of my favourite movies......I once wrote a fan letter to him and he actually wrote back!!! I still have the postcard....a black and white photo of a cat....