1.18.2011

Dirk Bogarde's life story -- in comic book form!

This is BY FAR my favorite Dirk Bogarde find. About a week ago I was perusing ebay listings and came across a late-1950's magazine that had only a photo of the cover, and said "Dirk Bogarde cover and feature -- his life story in pictures and also in comic strip." Comic strip??? I had to see this. And it's about 100 times better than anything I could have hoped!! It is seriously a comic strip. It's 22 pages long and -- with a few white lies and exaggerations -- really is his life story in comic strip form, up until about 1958. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!! :)

Dirk Bogarde comic

Dirk Bogarde comic 1

Dirk Bogarde comic 2

Dirk Bogarde comic 3

Dirk Bogarde comic 4

Dirk Bogarde comic 5

Dirk Bogarde comic 6

Dirk Bogarde comic 7

Dirk Bogarde comic 8

Dirk Bogarde comic 9

Dirk Bogarde comic 10

Dirk Bogarde comic 11

Dirk Bogarde comic 12

Dirk Bogarde comic 13

Dirk Bogarde comic 14

Dirk Bogarde comic 15

Dirk Bogarde comic 16

Dirk Bogarde comic 17

Dirk Bogarde comic 18

Dirk Bogarde comic 19

Dirk Bogarde comic 20

Dirk Bogarde comic 21

Dirk Bogarde comic 22

5 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Haha OMG. I can't believe it. That is SO amazing. One day, I hope someone will do my life in comic strip form. It might be a bit dull, though...;]
-Andi x

Millie said...

OH. MY. GOSH.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

I can't decided whether my favorite panel was "that happy day" when the cast member fell ill and allowed Dirk to stutter his way on stage....OR the panel where Dirk is randomly walking in the dark shadows "alone with his tender memories"!?!

HOW CAN I CHOOSE?!

;-D

Cliff Aliperti said...

That has got to be the greatest fan find ever! What magazine is this, Kate? Would love to see an image of the cover too.

NoirGirl said...

The extent of this is amazing - it's pages and pages of DB wonderfulness!

I had no idea Dirk was THIS much of a super star in England. Even more shocking that his is not better known today.

Cliff is right - this is a seriously special find!

My favorite panel is the radio broadcast one: "And here at least is a singer who doesn't sing with a phoney American accent..."

Who does he mean??

Terence Towles Canote said...

Wow. As a comic book fan and a Dirk Bogarde fan I must say this is incredible! It would be great if someone would reprint it one day!