8.17.2010

Modesty Blaise (and a programming alert)


Modesty Blaise is a hilarious, random, psychedelic, awfully fun film that you do NOT want to miss when it airs on FOX Movie Channel this afternoon at 2pm EST. Dirk Bogarde is outlandishly over the top as a white-wigged villain and Modesty Blaise's arch nemesis. If you miss the whole film, here's a quick little peek at the awesomeness that is Dirk Bogarde in this movie. The genius is in the details.. subtle glances and movements.. taking on a spot-on American accent for a Patton-style speech.. the rhythm of a phrase. And pay special attention to his pronunciation of the word "torture"... it kills me.



There will be more on Modesty Blaise here in the near future... I just had to post a programming alert, but so enjoyed this film that I couldn't bring myself to mention it without going into a little more detail :) I also took about eight gazillion screen-caps from the movie (okay, more like 140, but still..) so I'll share some of those in my next post about MB as well.

2 comments:

Millie said...

I just love that video so much...so amazing....ahhh....

Michael O'Sullivan said...

I have always loved Modesty Blaise - a terrific spoof of those 60s spy thrillers - Dirk is terrific and I love Monica Vitti and Stamp - lots of lovely scenes and all that pop art !

I have that poster on my wall !